Sunday, January 30

Soup and Cookies

Now I will share will you what I sometimes make when I really don't want to put much effort into dinner that day, as well as MY FIRST TIME...making cookies from scratch. Be excited.




So what I've made here is most accurately called Beans and Greens Tomato Soup. This is the third time I've made such a thing, and it's been slightly different each time I've made it. Simply, it is some sort of bean with some sort of greens in tomato...soup. Today's variation has black-eyed peas, tomatoes, red lettuce, red romaine lettuce, onions, garlic, celery, oregano, and olive oil. It's not terribly hard to make. Make sure your beans have been thoroughly soaked before cooking (e.g. for a few hours). Boil them separately for a few minutes. Drain. Bring to boil and simmer with vegetables, spices, and lots of olive oil for about an hour. After 45 minutes (15 minutes left), put your leafy greens in. 15 minutes later. Done.

Here's how I usually serve it:


A few bowls and you've got dinner for about four or five.

And then there's this picture:


I've baked a bunch of pre-made cookie batter, but this is the first time I've made my own. I can't tell you the exact recipe for these chocolate chip cookies (everyone has to have their own, at least that's what I believe), but I can tell you I used unsalted sweet butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, among other ingredients. Here's how they turned out:




 Yum.....

 Now if only Santa were here, but I'm about a month too late.

1 comment: