Tuesday, January 25

Crossing Rainbows

Sometimes I wake up and I feel like writing down some nice and simple words. Sometimes when I'm writing things like this, I feel like I'm getting diabetes. But it's nice to write down such words and maybe say them aloud every now and then.


Crossing Rainbows
Sometimes one can cross rainbows
Not using wings or one's feet.
A few people can do it,
A rare and fanciful feat.

Listen close, I'll tell you how.
When clouds darken and increase,
And your heart feels too heavy
With feelings that seek release.

Look up and appraise the sky.
See how it cries when it should?
Let the feelings out like rain
Like you've never known you could.

Once you finish, you should smile.
Now your heart is much lighter
And as the rain starts to end,
The world outside gets brighter.

The sun comes out and greets you.
With colorful sky-tears it makes
A bridge that spans the heavens.
Go now, you've got what it takes!

Your heart flies out to the winds
It soars, crossing the rainbow
What awaits you at the end
Is beyond the value of gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment