Monday, April 11

Clouds: A Second Publishing

Before I started this blog, I posted similar items on my Facebook page. Here's a nice bit I'd like to share (again), about clouds.
I was walking around outside today and I looked up at the sky and I thought:

The sky wouldn't be as pretty if it didn't have any clouds.




Nine times out of ten I would have left it just at that. But I was in a reflective mood, and me in my mind started to drift above everything, above all of the sound of people and cars and birdsong, and a string of thoughts faded into my head, one after another.


 

Just as the sky would not be as pretty if it didn't have any clouds, life would not be as beautiful if we didn't have any rough spots. Sure, it would be nice if every day was a sunny day and we didn't have to worry about a thing. But clouds are inevitable. We wish a lot of times that they weren't there. They bring rain and snow and darkness to our days, and they make our nights darker. When it rains, I thought, there is always someone who smiles and someone who cries.

On some days, like days when I'm walking outside watching the birds tend to their young and their nests, I look up at the sky and I feel a sense of serenity, of a beauty so deep and moving that it is an artist's dream to be able to capture it. Sometimes, whether it be after a cloudy, sunless day or after a day full of thunder and rain, if I take a step back and look at the sky, I get this feeling that settles in my heart and it makes me smile.


After I had that thought, I took it one step further and compared it to people. If people were days, their personalities would be the weather, being affected by the days before them and affecting the days after them. The main thought I had here was that many people aspire to be perfect, or in my analogy, to be a clear, blue sky. But what they consider to be flaws are actually lovely accents to the majesty that is their soul. Their clouds are what make them unique and endearing to the people who care about them most.


I think I wrote less than I wanted but said more than I meant to. I don't really know what everything I just wrote means exactly. I think I'm trying to say that some things that appear bad at first, like a time when you were uncertain or something that didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, are really a part of a larger, more beautiful whole. I typed this all because I thought it meant something, and I wanted to share it. If you like it, please share this with others. Also, please leave a comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I just had to comment after your request (I wonder why no one does. . .). I really am inspired with all your wonderful posts and find this one especially insightful. Your words do mean something (a bunch, even), and I'm glad someone can put into words I wish I could. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh. . . what's up with the funny ID? I'm sorry. Lemme try again. (oh yeah, I'm the above poster. DX)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, as well. I really do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete