Wednesday, March 21

Poems Without Words

Firstly, after a long time away from this blog, I'm back!


Finally, here's some poetry about words, or rather a lack of them. It's funny how one unexpected interaction can put me in a mood for some simple poetry.

Unsaid
Like wildflowers
Wilting in an empty field
Yet to be seen
My thoughts for you
Fade from memory

Not Talking
While heavy footsteps
Thunder all throughout the room
I wait in silence
When all is quiet
I hear my first breath

As You Smile and Pass
My thoughts scatter
No words arrive soon enough
As you smile and pass
I wish to return
To that fond memory

A Music All Our Own
A small tune, I hum
Three steps later, you join me
With that voice I love
Gently hand-in-hand
We go home together

I probably could write more right now, but I don't feel like forcing it out. Probably because I've been watching Chihayafuru, I've been a bit influenced by the Hyakunin Isshu (One-hundred People, [each] One Poem). They're all so evocative, and I find their form and size to be pretty good for expressing a single thought in sufficient complexity.

No comments:

Post a Comment